Like what you see and want to learn more? Visit my business page!

http://www.revitalizewithstefania.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Carrot Cake Cookies

Say that three times fast! This was another "necessity is the mother of invention" recipe. As I mentioned previously, I have been juicing A LOT of carrots and I am left with A LOT of pulp. I have been making a lot of my Carrot Ginger Crackers, but I was craving carrot cake something fierce. These give that same flavor, a soft moist texture, but none of the awful ingredients that go into conventional carrot cake. Thy travel well, and you can just pop them in your mouth.

Carrot Cake Cookies

1 cup walnuts
1 cup pitted dates
2 cups carrot pulp from juicing
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup raisins

Mix everything but raisins in a food processor until well combined. Empty the batter into a bowl and mix in raisins by hand. Roll batter into balls a tablespoon at a time. Flatten slightly and store in the refrigerator. Once refrigerated, the batter should firm up a bit and hold together.

My almost two year old LOVES these. And I love giving them to her- all that nutrition! (Side note: almost two years... what? Where did those two years go?)

No comments:

Post a Comment