Like what you see and want to learn more? Visit my business page!

http://www.revitalizewithstefania.com

Friday, August 3, 2012

Banana Nut Cookies

I feel like the vegan Paula Dean here, but "y'all are gonna love this recipe." I recently posted about how I started making my own nut milk. (I may just be a perv, but that never seems ok to say out loud or to write...)  

Since I didn't have a dehydrator, and I didn't yet have a clue about how to use almond pulp, I was not straining out the pulp. I would just shake the milk extra hard before using it. The pulp left the milk kind of gritty though, and I knew we would all prefer it to be creamier and smoother- Aurelia included.

Now that I have a dehydrator though, I have started straining the pulp out and I finally found a way to use it. Cookies! Banana Nut cookies, to be specific.

These treats are raw, vegan, and comprised of whole food ingredients I feel good feeding my family and eating myself. In fact, I don't think they make a bad breakfast or snack, either.

Banana Nut cookies

2 cups almond pulp
1 ripe banana- the riper the better. Ripe bananas are sweeter and you won't need as much added sweetener
2 tbsp maple syrup, agave syrup, or raw honey
1 tbsp liquified coconut oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp allspice
pinch salt
cacao nibs, chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate chunk- the darker the better. (optional)

1. Use a food processor to blend up everything but the cacao or chocolate. Or you could mix well by hand.

2. Roll the batter into small balls, then gently flatten and place on a dehydrator tray. The batter does not spread, so you could place the cookies close together.

3. If desired, you can sprinkle the tops with the cacao/chocolate (pressing in slightly). I guess you could just mix the chocolate into the batter, too. They were an afterthought for me, so I had already formed the cookies before adding the chocolate.

4. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 5 hours, or they are as crispy/chewy as you like. After 5 hours, the outsides were a bit crisp, but inside they were chewy.

5. You could try baking these in the oven at the lowest temperature, they just won't be raw. I would keep a close eye on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment