Like what you see and want to learn more? Visit my business page!

http://www.revitalizewithstefania.com

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beets and a New Smoothie!

I don't love the flavor of beets. I try, I really do, and I still eat them often. But they aren't my favorite. I had some tiny ones in the fridge and they weren't going to last much longer. They weren't enough to make into a meal for the whole family, so I just had them myself in a quick, late day, pick-me-up smoothie.

Sweet Beet Smoothie

1 1/2 cups beets, cleaned and chopped
2 bananas (sliced, preferably frozen, but fresh is okay too)
1 peach (sliced, preferably frozen, but fresh is okay too)
2 cups water (or more depending on desired consistency)

Throw everything in a blender with the water and blend on high. If you use fresh fruit instead of frozen fruit, add 3-4 ice cubes. 



Beets are really sweet to begin with, but they have a distinct flavor. The addition of bananas and peach slices only adds to the sweetness and helps to disguise that "beetness." Not everyone needs it to be covered up, I know- but I sometimes do, haha. This was delicious!

Beets are high in folate, fiber, manganese and have a good amount of potassium, vitamin C and iron. Bananas are high in fiber, vitamin C, Potassium, Manganese, and Magnesium. Peaches have vitamins A and C, as well as fiber.

Thanks to my mother in law, Billie Jean for her garden harvest, including these beets. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment