Potatoes though, in other applications, are a different story. I love baked potatoes, au gratin, mashed potatoes, etc. So I want to like potato salad, the mayo just gets in the way.
Well I had a nearly full bag of them and nothing planned for dinner. I checked the fridge and saw a creamy artichoke dip waiting to be loved, too. Light bulb moment!
Potato Salad with Artichoke Spinach Dip and Caramelized Onions
- 8 potatoes (I used Russet, but I think any potato that holds up to boiling and won't fall apart easily would work. Red and blue potatoes would make good choices.)
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (unsoaked) OR 2 avocados. (Avocados may give you a smoother texture, depending on your blender.)
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 medium-large cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dry (ground) mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts, partially thawed (helps for pulsing in blender)
- 2 cups (loosely packed) spinach leaves